Subject: [Leica] Nightline -- National Geographic
From: "Jay Coleman" <jaycoleman@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 12:10:51 -0800

I would like to thank whomever brought the Friday night Nightline to the
attention of the LUG.  I watched it and enjoyed it very much.  Nightline
covered the shooting of a National Geographic story on the Columbia River.
Among the most striking things -- how little time the photographer spent
photographing; most of his time was spent researching and traveling or
waiting for the right light.  Also, and I suppose we all know this already,
some 40,000 photographs were shot for a 25 image spread.  Talk about your
ratio of keepers.

Jay Coleman