Subject: RE: [Leica] M3 with 50 1.0 Noctilux
From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 12:06:31 -0500

> > > The M3 viewfinder is the best one available for Noctilux
>
> > Why?
>
> My dear Hamlet! M3, having the same rangefinder base
> (about 69mm) has highest magnification (.91x), so
> focussing accuracy is very high...

That doesn't make it 'better'.  Do you know that the mechanical tolerances
are higher on the 3 than the 6?  The materials better, so there is less wear
over time...etc.?  Has anyone actually measured the accuracy of the M3 vs M6
viewfinders over a few samples (one sample is just not a valid test) to
check the claim that the M3 is 'better'?

I, for one, really don't care which one IS better, but I'd like to see some
facts (surprise! ;-).  If it's personal opinion, it's probably better stated
as such, instead of it coming across as fact...

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] M3 with 50 1.0 Noctilux)