Subject: Re: [Leica] filter question of a different kind...
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 13:45:30 -0500

At 12:09 PM 3/16/01 -0500, you wrote:
>At 09:59 AM 3/16/01 -0600, Garry Lewis wrote:
>>filters are still the only way of modifying tonal values of red, green,
>>and blue light.
>
>This is why the Photo Gods made Photoshop/PaintShopPro with RGB layer
>manipulations.
>:)
>Carpe Luminem,
>Michael E. Bérubé

Amen, Michael -

And that way the "filter" doesn't reduce the amount of light getting to the
film :-)

I found a plug-in that will not only allow you to apply red, green and
yellow filters but also to scan a color photograph and convert it to B&W
with profiles from each of the B&W film types - TriX, TMax, Ilford, many more:

http://www.silveroxide.com/

I'm sure you could work this out yourself by comparing the channels of the
different films, but these are cheap enough and seem to work well.  I got
the Delta 100, Tri-X, TMax, and Sepia filters.

Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com