Subject: Re: [Leica] Strap Lugs Worn Through
From: "Richard Setchim" <>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 18:10:37 -0000

[Douglas Cooper asked for advice on his worn through M4 lugs].

I have had the lugs on an M4 replaced by Leica UK. The original
(chrome-plated) brass lugs were worn through by the steel fasteners of the
straps I used. My mistake was not using chrome D-rings to attach the straps
- - these are kind to brass lugs but steel is not. I had the lugs replaced
during a routine service as I was told)the process requires the innards of
the cameras to be removed because the new lugs have to be riveted on. My old
M4 now sport modern lugs and a modern strap.

Richard Setchim