Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Books
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 01:51:14 -0800

Jem Kime wrote:

> Mark,
> There's something wonderfully evocative about old typefaces.
> Something I noticed yesterday when looking at Cosina's Japanese website.
> When they have to use English/Arabic letters and numbers they appear in a
> quaint post-war 1950's. Worth a look.
> http://www.cosina.co.jp/
>
> Jem

I've been enjoying myself looking at that website but i think my Netscape
browser on my macintosh might have different translation things than other
computers. That these vary from computer to computer because of the translation software.

The other thing i like about the old books is the tipped in illustrations.
Beyond "quaint."
and the feeling that the book has had history.
It's strange how all my books are signed by their owners and ownership cards
taken out.
People will learn to appreciate books again once the paper gets scarce.

mark rabiner