Subject: RE: [Leica] W-I-D-E
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 18:33:03 -0500

At 03:07 PM 3/15/2001 -0800, Guy Bennett wrote:
>>I was only on a package holiday for a week and was thinking that I wasn't
>>taking anything really authentically Tunisian, then I went on an organised
>>trip which included a visit to the town of Kairouan...
>>Steve
>

>Kairouan - that's where Klee "discovered" color!

Quite off-topic, but an interesting co-incidence.  Within the past twenty
minutes or so, a message was posted to the World War II List pointing out
that the Germans were planning to establish a death camp for Jews at
Kairouan, a town I had not heard of before this.  Sort of creepy, when it
comes up on two such widely separated Lists!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!

Message from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> (RE: [Leica] W-I-D-E)