Subject: RE: [Leica] Underwater Photography - Slightly OT
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 11:28:32 -0800

On the difference between the various neg films, I'm not much of an expert but here are a couple of opinions:  I tried the Porta 160 films, and didn't think much of the grain for that speed.  I've used some of the Fuji pro films, and while they're really good general purpose, I don't think they're contrasty or saturated enough for this kind of shooting.  Royal Gold would probably be as good, but I haven't shot any in a long time.  I like the Supra because it's saturated and somewhat contrasty, with tight, sharp grain.  Echoing John's comments, don't worry about the colour rendition of neg film for casual underwater shooting - just make sure it gives you really good blues :-)

Paul