Subject: Re: [Leica] Underwater Photography - Slightly OT
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 09:14:56 -0700

I tend to use punchy films underwater as the colours disappear quite quickly
as you go lower. My staple for years was K200 but the next time I am out it
will be Provia F (either the 100 pushed to 400 or the 400 pushed to 800).
Unless you use flash, something I prefer not to, there needs to be over head
sun for the colours to shine. The blue from the overcast, combining with the
blue form the "water" filter, really makes things...well...blue. This works
out very well when you are on holiday as the best times to photograph
underwater as the worst times on land.

So a long answer to say use punchy film, Portra 400VC, Royal Gold 400, etc.

John Collier