Subject: RE: [Leica] NEW!!! Voigtlander Bessa P
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 08:52:37 -0000

The japanese Cosina site
http://www.cosina.co.jp/
is showing pictures of the 21/4 and the Bessa T which is their 'Trigger'
wind camera released today (though maybe not for sale yet) .
The camera lacks the viewfinder leaving a rangefinder only (with circular
windows) on top of the body, freaky!
There are two press releases waiting to be shown under the Bessa-T heading,
it will be interesting to see why there are two, rather than one.
I'm sure Tom will post his report today too.

Responding to Michael's concern that Cosina have not produced any M mount
lenses, Kobayashi has stated that he wishes no economic harm to come to
Leica through his manufacturing. I almost have the feeling he'd stop
production if he thought that Leica was in danger because of his products.
Hence the reason he maintains production in screw mount

Jem