Subject: RE: [Leica] OT reference material/equipment questions
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 13:47:25 -0800

The biggest problem with Freeman Patterson is that after reading one of his books you want to shoot like him, and what's worse, he's given you the tools to do it!  He's been responsible for more camera club memberships than any other dew-drop-covered spiderweb photographer in Canada (and I mean that as unkindly as it sounds).  I can't think of anyone who has destroyed more potential individualism in budding photographers.

I prefer to drink the technical stuff and the artistic inspirations from different wells.  In many ways I prefer tech books that contain absolute junk photography - you're less tempted to emulate the illustrations.

Paul