Subject: Re: [Leica] test results for lens that seemed 'off' at infinity
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 14:53:18 EST

Dans un courrier daté du 14/03/01 17:42:23 Paris, Madrid,
Tristan@TristanTom.COM a écrit :

<< i got back the prints i shot with my 50 summicron that seemed
 slightly off at infinity and everything i focused on was sharp, in
 focus. so it seems that even if a lens is off at infinity, it is
 probably fine and not to worry about.

 i noticed that the depth of field at f2 extends from the subject i
 was focusing on towards the camera, with virtually nothing in focus
 behind the object. i assume since others have noticed this as well
 that this is normal too.

 NO ARCHIVE
 --

I have recently performed live tests on a 90 / 2.8 Tele-Elmarit and things
were focused equally before and after the target . This is normal to me .
That's what the depth of field scale shows on the lens itself .
I performed the test at the closest distance and full aperture .
Did you shoot at infinity or short distance ?
If you shot at close distance I think either your lens ,
 or more likely your rangefinder is off calibration .

JO GOODTIMES -FRANCE/ AIRBORNE RADAR TECH / LIVE FREE OR DIE