Subject: [Leica] Leica/kodachrome/ilfochrome: help
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 20:46:56 +1100

G'day all,

I've been home a couple of days, and have begun to tidy up the FOM2
enquiries --- if anyone sent me an e-Mail that I have not replied to
by now, please resend, as I have sent submission details and
registrations to all on my list -- I hope.

A week in Tasmania has produced a batch of films for processing: most
of them b/w landscapes, and I will be working on these over the
coming weekend BUT in the next few weeks, my plan is to delve into
ilfochrome processing, and give it one more try.

Step one and the real reason for doing it is that I have boxes of
beautiful images from our two recent journeys through Japan, all on
Kodachrome, all shot with Leicas, and many of which I'd like to
print. When I last used "Cibachrome",  it took me ages to set the
colour filter pack, so my question is

Does any one have a suggested starting filter pack for Ilfochrome
using a Durst colour head enlarger? The paper I have bought has a
filter factor suggestion of Y30 M10 C00. I know that the durst
filters are a bit "stronger" than "normal" values, but I've lost my
references at the moment. Any suggestions?

cheers
- --
Alastair Firkin

http://www.afirkin.com