Subject: Re: [Leica] M4 Black Paint
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 21:20:39 -0700

There are several solutions:

- - Find an original black paint base plate (difficult and expensive)

- - Take the silver chrome base plate to a plating shop and have the chrome
removed (or do it yourself, the library should have the how to). Paint it
yourself using semigloss black enamel paint and then brass it to your tastes
using fine sand paper (not too difficult, nor expensive)

- - Find a brassy black chrome one and trade for it (easy I have one and I
could care less what colour my spare base plate is).

- - relax and look through the viewfinder rather than at the camera (easiest
and least expensive).

John Collier