Subject: Re: [Leica] WE WUZ ROBBED!-Copyright law
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 17:52:22 -0500

Mark -

I used Digimarc watermarks when they first came out, but they've gotten way
too expensive.  Now I just do a search occasionally and depend on others to
tell me if they see my photos somewhere they shouldn't be.  Most people are
honest and ask for permission.  And if they aren't God will get them -

Tina

At 02:07 PM 3/13/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Tina Manley wrote:
> >
> > Anders -
> >
> > It depends on how blatant the theft is.  If it seems like an honest
> > mistake, I don't mind charging the normal fee.  If it is obvious that they
> > tried to cheat me, I will charge 3x the normal fee.  I really don't have
> > this problem very often.  Most publishers respect copyrights.  They are
> > either honest or they know that word will get out.  Editorial Photographers
> > has 774 magazines listed on their site and there is frequent discussion on
> > the list about the good guys and the bad guys.
> >
> > Tina
> >
>How about your shots being used on the internet?
>
>mark rabiner

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] WE WUZ ROBBED!-Copyright law)