Subject: Re: [Leica] OT reference material/equipment questions
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 14:33:10 -0800

Meatyard, like so many of his generation, is in a historical cul-de-sac
at this moment. That means you can only get books that are either used,
or out of print first edition, unless it's an exhibit catalogue. The
public library might be a good spot for now, as they are usually 20-40
years behind in purchases when it comes to photography books. That would
be about right for the Meatyard material.
But George, seriously, next time you want, desire, need, wish, and all
that, to make a purchase, run it by the list. You won't go wrong, and it
makes the self discovery process that much more rewarding.
Getting that Swedish pig-iron to swat photons is going to be a tall
order. A nice Rollei TLR, with its fixed lens, is the best
disciplinarian around when it comes to learning shooting self discipline
and compositional practices, whether for beginners or old-timers alike.

Best,
 Slobodan Dimitrov