Subject: RE: [Leica] WE WUZ ROBBED!-Copyright law
From: "Jay Coleman" <>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 19:29:04 -0800

Actually, just saying it's copyrighted does make it so.  In fact, you don't
even have to say it's copyrighted -- it happens automatically (due to
amendments to the law brought about by the Bern Convention) -- but it's
better if you do.  Registration with the Copyright Office brings added
benefits, e.g., proof you took the photo and, I believe, certain damage
advantages in a lawsuit.

My copyright knowledge is a little out of date though (1990).

Jay Coleman