Subject: Re: [Leica] WE WUZ ROBBED!-Copyright law
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 13:40:12 -0500

Tom -

According to the copyright site, she may legally use a portion of a work
for educational use in a classroom.  They give the example of using one
photograph from a book.

It's fine with me if she uses all of them (but they're no longer
there!)  When teachers and students write and ask for permission to use my
photographs in a class or report, I always thank them for respecting my
copyright by requesting permission.  Then I tell them that they have my
permission to use the photographs for the use requested and to be sure to
include my copyright notice with the photographs.  I get requests like this
almost every day.  I'm all in favor of my photographs being used for
educational purposes and don't think there is any point in asking teachers
and students to pay for one-time use.  I just want to be sure that people
who are in the business of using photographs, pay me for the use and credit
the photographs to me.

Tina

At 09:49 AM 3/12/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Tina,
>
>So, I can printout your Masai photos for my wife to show her Kindergarden
>class which is studying Africa, without infringing on your copy right, so
>long as I do not remove any copyright notice?
>
>Tom Schofield
>
> >  For example, a teacher may
> > make copies of a photograph to use in the classroom, but cannot remove the
> > copyright notice from the photograph.
> >

> > Legally,
> >
> > Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP