Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica and hand held meters
From: henry <henry@henryambrose.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 19:10:06 -0600

Lee England wrote in part:
> I need
>glasses to read the meter, the f stop settings and shutter speeds, but
>when the camera comes up, the glasses don't allow my eye close enough to
>the view portal to see all of the 50 mm frame lines and view area.  I've
>missed shots fumbling to get to the meter, then pulling glasses off to
>see the framelines.
>    Does anyone have easier methods?

Hi Lee,

Why not buy a new digital meter with BIG numbers on the display? Could
you read one of these?

If you can use the camera well with no glasses, then it seems that a big
display on the meter is all you need.

I have a Sekonic 508 that I think you could read. The numerals are 1/4"
tall for the speed and 3/8" tall for the aperture.

Henry