Subject: Re: [Leica] Question for LUG: frameline on M3 for 35mm summaron lens
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 15:19:10 -0700

Theoretically the rangefinder of an 0.72x camera will not be as accurate as
the rangefinder of an 0.91x camera if they are both using a goggled 35mm
lens; however, not in practice. Your original post, and this one still for
that matter, creates the impression that the goggled 35mm lens will not work
very well with a 0.72x camera. I do not think that this is true. The
magnification works out to be similar to an 0.58x camera and I am not aware
of any focusing problems with an 0.58x camera and a 35mm lens, even of f/1.4
aperture.

John Collier