Subject: RE: [Leica] PAW latest
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 20:07:11 -0000

Michael,

Thanks for the confidence boost!
The 'snoot' isn't quite as clever as a real snoot... I bounced some light
back onto his face with a (soiled!) duvet hung from a clothes rail (as seen
in the wide angle illustration) and then dodged the face during printing to
lighten it.
Because the reflector/duvet was off to one side (I didn't have two!) that
explains the offset of the illumination, but I agree with you, I think it
works better for being eccentric.
I had quite a job sheilding the lens during exposure, I ended up making an
extended lens hood from some black 'sugar' paper in the studio creating
another 10-12" of effective lens hood. Not all of the exposures worked so
well in that regard.

Jem

Dennis,
I'm sorry about the loading of the thumbnails, I'm trying to decide how to
redesign the site to get over this.
I've looked at few others and really like an Italian site, sorry I can't
recall the LUGger's name right now, very stylish and thumbnails there if
wanted.

Jem