Subject: Re: [Leica] The Zoom affair OT
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 16:41:05 EST

Dans un courrier daté du 08/03/01 08:46:27 Paris, Madrid,
smpat@btinternet.com a écrit :

<< Just to help put this in perspective - I had a very similar experience last
 month when I tried to buy a house in London.

 I made an offer, it was accepted, I arranged for a solicitor and a survey
 (at my cost)... and then received a call telling me the house had been sold
 by another agent in the same office to someone else! Further attempts to
 purchase (at a higher price, of course) were unsuccessful.

 Most of the world is aware that the UK housing market is a shambles (it is
 amazing to me that a deal is never done until the very last moment) and the
 estate agents manage to be both incompetent and corrupt at the same time
 (reminding me of a favourite quote from an old movie - "How can you be a
 mouthpiece and an **shole at the same time?") We need to be aware that the
 Leica people we deal with come from a wide spectrum as well.

 The entire experience has soured me to the point that I will probably not
 buy property here (this year, at least). In a similar way, there is one
 Leica dealer in London that I will not purchase from again. Nothing
 fraudulent on their part - I just don't like the way they do business.

 While I understand the frustrations involved in the "zoom affair", and while
 I am more sympathetic to a Leica user or collector than to someone who
 simply sees Leica as a commodity to be traded for profit ((i.e. a merchant
 of any sort) we must be aware that all of these positions are what makes the
 brand interesting and supports its long-term survival.

 Steve Patriquen
 London >>

About the same happened to a friend with a very nice 69 Camaro .
He sees the car for sale in a mag , calls the guy and tell him he
will come in 2 days ( w.e .) to see the car .
On the same day I tell him that for a very clean 69' , I'd go immediatly
look at the car with cash advance , even at the cost of a sleepness night .
2 days after , we are at the buyer's home , looking at a wonderfull example ,
and the buyer is telling us that someone gave him a deposit .
Of course the car was sold to the other guy !