Subject: RE: [Leica] zoom scandal
From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 10:07:55 -0500

> when he was acting even more unethical in listing for sale something he
> did
> not own and could not quickly locate if his intended purchase was not
> consummated for any reason.

My, aren't we judgmental?

My wife, before we were married, put a deposit on an apartment in Wellesley,
had signed paperwork etc.  ...but was later told "sorry, someone else had
already rented it".

Car dealers often list cars they don't even have in stock, or aren't even
theirs...  How many times have you gone to a store with an ad from a
newspaper and the item is not available?  Oh, but it's "unethical" when an
individual does it, but OK when BigBuy does it?

This stuff does happen, and has happened for thousands of years...  Get over
it.