Subject: Re: [Leica] zoom scandal
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 11:49:13 -0600

At 09:31 AM 3/8/01 -0500, you wrote:
>A verbal contract is just as good as a written one. More difficult to
>enforce, however. Arthur

If I remember correctly bi-lateral promises, in general, constitute
consideration for a verbal contract for  personal property.  If this is
true equitable title might have passed to the purchaser at the time of the
promises.  Depends upon the content of the promises - and how good this old
man's memory is of contract law.  I do remember that if money consideration
had been paid equitable title would then have passed.  I know that here are
some younger and more virile attorneys on this list - help my old man's
memory out??

Dick Hemingway
(Eugene O. Kuntz Professor Emeritus of Oil, Gas and Mineral Law,
University of Oklahoma School of Law  - now you know what 'emeritus'
means - 'old man')