Subject: RE: [Leica] SLR lens atapter
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 07:09:53 -0800

- -----Original Message-----
From: B. D. Colen [mailto:bdcolen@earthlink.net]
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2001 9:28 AM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

Paul Chefurka wrote:

> I bought one to mount a Nikkor 24 on my M6.  They're quite well made, and work exactly as claimed.  I didn't end up using it much, though - scale focussing, even with a 24, is a PITA, and the lens itself sucked :-/  The adapter was fine, though.

Excuse me...I know we couldn't be talking about the AIS or AF Nikon 24
2.8 when we use the word "suck." Because it doesn't. Suck.

Unfortunately, I'm talking about the AIS.  Maybe mine is duff (it is well-used and a bit wobbly), but it's too soft at the edges and it's low in contrast.  Altogether uninspiring.

Paul