Subject: Re: [Leica] "Your ancient camera!"
From: "Feliciano di Giorgio" <feli@d2.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 16:22:30 -0800

>"No that's not the one, that's too new. One of those black jobbies you carry
>around all the time."  I get the M6, with a 15mm and viewfinder and hold it
>up.  "Yeah that's the one, the little old ancient camera! Like you must have
>been using it for hundred years!"

That's funny, I get the same reaction when I show up with my
1936 Mitchell NC-R. It's the Leica of 35mm motion picture cameras.
65 years old and still running. I think that's why I like the Leica
so much. Perfect engineering and timeless manufacturing quality.
Do it right the first time and you won't have to do it again.

feli

Max: Here Franz, take the money- go out and buy bullets and shoot all
     the actors, they're the ones ridiculing your beloved Fuehrer...
Leo: What!? You can't do that, you can't shoot the actors,
     they're not animals!
Max: They're not?!? Have you ever eaten with one???
				       -Zero Mostel/"The Producers", 1968
      Feli di Giorgio * feli@d2.com * DIGITAL DOMAIN VISUAL EFFECTS