Subject: RE: [Leica] 35-70/2.8 saga
From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 15:31:12 -0500

> I disagree. Any retailer for any product always bends to cash.

How do you know the buyer paid with cash?

> If Dr Yao had used
> his credit
> card to put down a deposit then it would have been his lens. The big
> question should be, if he wanted the lens so bad, why did he not whip out
> the plastic?

He sent the dealer an email, and I, for one, would not put my credit card
information in an email!  That would be stupid.

I don't think you got the story straight...  It would appear the guy Yao
dealt with forgot to put a note on the lense, or tell others it was sold,
plain and simple.