Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V19 #186
From: Alan Magayne-Roshak <amr3@csd.uwm.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 14:12:10 -0600

> Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001

> So from old YODA ;-) relax, put the archival thing to rest for prints and
> put a greater degree of effort into making sure you process your films to
> the enth degree of perfection for the archives of your nation! And the
> colour stuff? yer on yer own! ;-)
> ted
> ------------------------------
> ... The term archival is now a mnemonic cue that says that "this is
> worth something," and never you mind the content.

> Slobodan Dimitrov

Great posts!  I want my pictures to be around until I'm gone, and after
that it doesn't matter. There was also some text on inspection development.
I still do all my b&w that way, using a #3 green filter.  I usually use a
meter, and the film developing time is almost always the same, but looking
at the film in the dark keeps the magic of film alive, and is fun.
Problems such as weak solutions or malfunctioning shutter can then be dealt
with to some extent.  It also helps in trying new combinations of film/dev
(except T-Max).

Alan M-R