Subject: Re: [Leica] 280/2.8 R Modular vs. non-Modular
From: Lucien <director@ubi.edu>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 19:21:36 +0100

Steve Beyer wrote:

> Dave,
>     I am glad that you brought up these questions.  I am starting down the
> same road and would like to have the same questions answered.  I am also
> interested on the opinions concerning the current 280 4.0 lens.  I would
> prefer the extra speed but the weight of the 4.0 lens seems like a plus.

Steve,

In my opinion, the 280/4 is perfect when used without
extender, thanks to its superior results (maybe the best
Leica lens), its weight and better minimum focusing distance.

But with an Apo-Extender, the 280/2,8 is easier to focus,
thanks to the brighter image on the screen.

If you intend to buy both Apo-Extender, your choice is
between 280/2,8, 400/4 and 560/5,6  or  280/4, 400/5,6 and 560/8.

Lucien