Subject: Re: [Leica] Ang: Leica Users digest V19 #180
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 15:51:40 -0800

I, for one, read each repetition of Göran Bjerklow's post, which could be
seen as the email equivalent of the work of certain early minimalist
composers, Terry Riley's "In C," and Steve Reich's early tape loop
compositions, most notably "Come out" and "It's gonna rain," immediately
come to mind.

For those of us having problems with Mr. Bjerklow's piece, I suggest the
following approach developped by John Cage (who considered himself an
maximalist):

If something is boring for two minutes, try it for four.
If it is still boring at four minutes, try it for eight.
If it is still boring at eight minutes, try if for sixteen.

Continue in this fashion until it becomes interesting.

Guy

P.S. And Ted, don't get any ideas!  ;)