Subject: [Leica] RE: Re: meter's shmeters..step away from the meter!
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@inicia.es>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 00:43:44 +0100

>Nikon/Canon etc are making a small fortune on the fallacy that light needs
>to be 'interpreted'.  That tasty F5 with it's mega processor super light
>do-jangy still tells me F6.3 at 500 in the sun...F4 at 125 in the shade.
>Hey, what gives?  With all that great technology I was hoping for some new
>kind of readings!  F22 at 1000 indoors!  F1.4 at 60 in the sun!

 I cannot get it. I am using a Nikon F5 from its launching and every pic was
well exposed. Well some were wrong when I pased to manual metering. Of
course you need to know how it works, but it is absolutely usefull to have a
good meter and trust it when you take photographs in a hurry! And Nikon and
Canon and ...Leica have one. Have you ever tested a camera with a modern
metering ( matrix or other similar) or your opinion is not based in a large
experience?  Technology never replace skill but helps a lot and in itself is
not a thing to be rejected.

Kind regards

Félix