Subject: [Leica] Re: Angenieux/Leica-R zoom questions
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 07:29:32 -0800

At 08:00 PM 3/5/01 +0000, Jem Kime wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Thinking of 'Joseph's Quest', I wondered whether any LUGgers posess or have
>used the 35-70 f2.5-3.3 Angenieux lens?
>Any reports on the quality?
>A (sold) example is illustrated here:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1213418261
>
>regards,
>Jem

I have owned and used the 35-70 f2.5-3.3 Angenieux lens, as well as the
70-210 Angenieux. Both in Leica R mounts. The performance is extremely
good. The mechanics of the lenses leave a lot to be desired however. Very
sloppy feeling. Plastic'ie. The external bayonet mount lens shade and lens
cap is a joke. But as I said, Angenieux makes good optics and the work I
did with these lenses was as good as was needed.

Jim