Subject: [Leica] Re: Maison du Leica
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 22:26:04 -0000

stefan smith <stefan_asmith@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Sales help: generally treated like you are entering a
museum and are disturbing the curators, just like many
other photo dealers in Paris.

I visited the shop on a very hot day last summer and was amused to
find two French guys engaged in hot debate with the salesman. I guess
thay were really putting the world of Leica to rights. However, I sat
in the corner and read the paperback novel I was carrying until they
finally left (without buying anything!). It took at least half an
hour, maybe 45 minutes.

The final joke was the the lens I was interested in turned out to be a
display dummy - no wonder it looked mint! (That's the second time I've
made that mistake...but the last time I didn't have to wait so long to
discover the error of my ways)

Regards,

Doug

(who has since had an eye-test...)