Subject: [Leica] WTB R6.3A
From: Mikiro Mori <arbos@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 12:19:12 +0100

Hi, all. I read with interest an interview article on FM3A with Nikon
people which appeared in Mar issue of Asahi Camera. I pick up some words
from it.

1) The hybrid shutter (fully mechanical and AE at all speeds) is a totally
new design.
2) The needle readout of the light meter is newly developed because of
strong demand from users. It is "shock-proof" by their standard.
3) The chassis is a new design (thus made with a new mould).
4) The finder screen is made using new technology enabling brighter view
and easier focusing.
5) The 45/2.8 pancake lens is a new design which gives a minimum shift in
the plane of focus when stopping down. Its images are "harder" than those
of the Contax counterpart which gives rather soft images. (This is hard to
believe, since Tessar 45/2.8 is "hard" enough!)

Leica should buy this shutter unit and make a new small R body (R6.3A). I
for one will buy it.

Mikiro

Replies: Reply from "clive sanbrook" <clive.sanbrook@virgin.net> (Re: [Leica] WTB R6.3A)