Subject: [Leica] The ultimate advert
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 06:31:56 EST

Whilst driving through my home town (Southampton) yesterday afternoon I
noticed a new cruise liner coming into dock complete with fire tugs playing
fountains etc. It had a black hull and a silvery upper section. So what, you
may ask! When I checked on its name in the paper last night it is named 'R8'.
This is the first time I have ever known a cruise liner with such a name
(usually 'Monarch of the Seas' or similar are more common). Is this the
ultimate promotional activity from Leica? I hope to go down today and get a
photo of it for my Leica 'collection'.

Gerry

Gerry Walden (UK)
Tel: (0)23 8046 3076