Subject: Re: [Leica] 1:3.5-4.5/28-70
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 13:38:59 EST

In a message dated 3/3/2001 11:38:54 AM Eastern Standard Time,
michiel.fokkema@wanadoo.nl writes:

<< Does anybody have any experience with this lens? I can buy one new for
 $600 which is not very expensive. I'm hesitating because this is not a >>
I have used one for years. Before I bought it, I took my 35, 50 amd 90 prime
lenses to the dealer, took shots which had near, far, high and low contrast
areas in them and did the same with the zoom. I was amazed to find shadow
detail of the zoom to be very, very good as was detail in the buildings. I
bought the lens and have been happy with it for years. It has some barrel
distortion up close, but that is not an issue for what I use the lens for  -
mostly travel photography.
bob Figlio