Subject: Re: [Leica] Ilford Warmtone paper
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 11:57:07 -0800

One of my favorite off the shelf papers. I've always been partial to a
creamy tonality. When I first started learning how to print in Germany I
was told to use Agfa 118. This Ilford material comes  very close to it.
It's too bad Oriental's original warm emulsion was discontinued, that
also had a great warm tonality.
A word of caution with the Ilford product, the emulsion starts peeling
on the corners if left too long in the holding bath. It's very, very
sensitive. I've tried it with hardened and non hardened fix to see if
there is a difference in the emulsion brittleness. I couldn't tell the
difference. The testing was done with the most rigorous scientific
standards, I bent the prints back and forth for my conclusion.
It stains easily, if your trays, and I mean all of them, are not cleaned
properly.
That staining can occur with both the RC and the FB.

Best,
 Slobodan Dimitrov