Subject: [Leica] RE: Rapidwinder with Arca-Swiss base
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 08:41:04 -0800

I use an Arca plate on the bottom of my RapidWinders. I took a Leica R
winder plate from RRS, cut it off to just clear the rapidwinder lever,
round off the cut edges, and it works perfectly for both hand held
photography (you don't even know it's there) and for instant tripod use.

Quite often I carry a (I forget the number) smallest Gitzo carbon fiber
tripod with Gitzo centered ball head with Arca clamp, over my shoulder via
Gitzo shoulder strap. It is also unobtrusive. It comes in handy when a
great DOF expanse is needed when using relatively slow film. And wanting to
possibly make large prints. Which is what I do...

Jim