Subject: Re: [Leica] have dealers received the 28mm summicron?
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <joseph@yao.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 21:12:34 +0800

on 2/3/01 4:35 AM, Dan Honemann at danh@selectsa.com wrote:

> Joseph,
>
> What do you think of the new 28/2 asph?  Have you shot through it yet?  How
> do the images compare to the elmarit, or to images produced with the 35
> asph's?
>
> Dan

Dan,

I have not used mine extensively yet, but it appears to be as good as my
Elmarit 28/2.8, with (obviously) one extra stop.  Physically it is more
compact and I do like that rather cool concave front element!  If I were
more rational I would not have bought this Summicron since I am extremely
happy with my Elmarit.

I think you should get one soon to go with your Hexar RF, just in case Leica
have figured out it costs too much to manufacture and discontinue it
abruptly.

Irrationally,

Joseph