Subject: [Leica] Re: Film broken in half on Leica IIF?
From: Matej Novak <matej.novak@hermes.si>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 08:51:10 +0100

Dan,

> One, was the film split longitudinally? if so, the extended tongue had a
> fault that let the film split at it was pulled out- careful trimming will
> solve that- or, before winding all the way in, cut the film across at the
> leader to make a flat end.

 Yes, the film was split longitudinally. I am trimming the leader
to 10cm, I do trim it so that it goes between the sprocket holes.
However, now that you mentioned it, I don't think the cut from the
middle to the edge of the film was that smooth.

 Dan, when winding the film back, how do I know that only the
leader is still out, so that I can cut it to make a flat end?

Thank you for your suggestions,
Matej

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Film broken in half on Leica IIF?)