Subject: [Leica] FS: Three Lug M5
From: MEBérubé <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 23:51:13 -0500

For Sale:
One Black Chrome M5. Three Lugs. SN 1363262. With the original box,
styrofoam insert, import certificate and "E. Leitz, Inc. Guarantee" papers
(Dated 11/16/74 and all matching the SN of the camera.) I'll throw in an M
body cap, the M5 Brochure (110-87 a/Engl.) and a photo copied set of M5
repair instructions from The Camera Craftsman MAR/APR 1974 issue that I got
on the "auction-site-that-is-unmentionable" on the LUG.

This camera is in fully operable and pretty nice condition. The RF spot is
accurate and fully usable in even really low light but it is starting to
'speckle' and should be fixed during the next CLA. There is the usual
slight wear of the finish on the base plate and the small bit of vulcanite
is missing from inside of the third strap lug over the screws that tighten
the lug to the body. The remainder of vulcanite is supple, intact and in
great condition. The 8* spot meter and all speeds are flawless. I just
replaced the plastic inserts in the frame preview and the self timer levers
with all black versions. (I had lost one of them and the bright white
inserts stood out too much for my tastes.) I placed a Leica "red dot" below
and between the "Leica" and the "M5" on the front of the camera just for
squeaks and giggles. If the buyer doesn't like it s/he may remove it, but
it certainly is identifiable in a crowd of M5s this way.

I am asking $1680 firm (which will return my investment from last April and
allow me to finish getting all the Cosina equipment that I can actually
afford to enjoy.) I will be photographing the offering in the morning in
detail and will have the images up on my site here:
http://www.GoodPhotos.com/M5 for anyone who is interested in the package.

Thanks.
Michael