Subject: [Leica] 90 TELE-ELMARIT SIMPLE TEST
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 04:52:17 EST

Hello all .
Last summer I shot some close pictures of my kids toys
with my 90 Tele- Elmarit lens . For some reasons the
results were not as sharp as I expected . So I decided
to conduct a simple test for that lens .
I put the M6 on a stand and layed a set of 5 dominos
in front of it , with the center domino at the closest
possible distance indicated by the rangefinder , and
one other on one side at 1 cm before it , one another
2 cm before ; then one at 1 cm past it and another at
2cm past it . Of course the lens was set at max aperture
2.8 .
The test was conducted with the central domino ( the one
on which the lens was focused ) being at different distances :
 960 mm smallest , 1250 mm, 1570 , 2100 mm and 2570 mm .

This simple test needed only 5 shots ( slides ) .

Fortunatly , the results are great : the slides , viewed through
a loupe , show that the central domino on which the lens was
focused is dead sharp , all the others being slightly out of
focus . This , as expected , is even evident at the closest possible
distance of 960 mm ( mesured with a ruler between the domino
and the film plane mark on the body ) .

Conclusion , this small and handy 90 mm can be used for close
detailed pictures , or for portraits , even , and this is very important ,
at full aperture.
Chears

JO GOODTIMES -FRANCE/ AIRBORNE RADAR TECH / LIVE FREE OR DIE