Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica IIIa image bleeding into sprocket holes
From: Robert Marvin <marvbej@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 08:24:42 -0500

on 2/27/01 11:00 PM,  S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Best of all, after 70 years, the frames are a bit tilted
> and the image area bleeds well into the sprocket holes.

Thats because modern cassettes are a little too short. If you get tired
of this "special effect" try Leica cassettes (the kind for LTM cameras--the
newer M type will work, but may not eliminate image bleeding).The
IIIf & IIIg eliminate this feature/problem with a little flat bar, attached
to the baseplate, that pushes the film into place.

I presume that you like the image bleeding into the sprocket holes because
you print full frame with a filed-out negative carrier. To each his own,
personally I always found that practice to be a bit pretentious. (Give me a
minute to put on my asbestos suit)

- --
Bob Marvin

Replies: Reply from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Leica IIIa image bleeding into sprocket holes)