Subject: [Leica] Re: New Photos
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 19:39:25 -0500

2001-02-27-16:32:36 Tina Manley:
> Comments and criticisms welcome.

Okay, I'll be so bold.

I poked around and found the images hidden beneath the page.  I
particularly liked

  http://main.nc.us/openstudio/tinamanley/Photo%20of%20Week/00220.jpg

(signature Manley),

  http://main.nc.us/openstudio/tinamanley/Photo%20of%20Week/00308.jpg

(she has great dignity *and* the colors are a sensual treat, even if a
little cool),

  http://main.nc.us/openstudio/tinamanley/Photo%20of%20Week/00317.jpg

(great sense of space and converging lines),

  http://main.nc.us/openstudio/tinamanley/Photo%20of%20Week/00519.jpg

(the subject's knowing eyes are compelling).

  http://main.nc.us/openstudio/tinamanley/Photo%20of%20Week/00416.jpg

is just a sensual feast of color, nearly irresistable on that
count, but I wonder whether it holds up otherwise -- the portraits seem
to work better when the people are being engaged directly.

  http://main.nc.us/openstudio/tinamanley/Photo%20of%20Week/00207.jpg:

I don't know whether the diagonal-ness condemns it as gimmicky or
doesn't need to.  I'm still looking at it.  I know I've taken my share
of photos compositionally akin to that which looked cool in the
viewfinder but didn't stand the test of time; but I'm not Tina Manley,
either.  H'mm.

Replies: Reply from John Hudson <xyyc@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: New Photos)
Reply from "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: New Photos)
Reply from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] Re: New Photos)