Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux (from Canada or Germany?)
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <joseph@yao.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 11:20:38 +0800

on 27/2/01 1:37 AM, Mark Cohen at markc@binaryfaith.com wrote:

> What I want to know is why do people care if a camera or lens says "Made
> in Germany" or "Made in Canada" ?? What would we do if it said "Made in
> China" or "Made in Hong Kong" ... The fact is, Leica still makes it...

Mark,

For the R8 Motor Drive charger, it does say 'Made in China' on the box.  I
still bought one, regardless.

Come to think of it, if Leica had shifted production of the VE 35-70/2.8
ASPH to China, I am sure it would still be in production and they would not
be losing money over this lens. ;-)  And I will be the first to invest in
the factory.....

Cheers,

Joseph