Subject: Re: [Leica] Tele-Ennalyt....Leica?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 18:37:10 -0500

At 12:16 PM 2/26/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Did Exakta or some other mfg'er make a "Tele ennalyt" lens for Leica M
>mount?  it supposedly is a 135mm. (I'm dealing via email with a
>non-photographer who says it was his father's)
>
>the lens has "Enna werk Munchen"  on it also.  I saw that Exakta made a
>"ennalyt" and Leica used Telyt for some lenses.  Can't find Tele-ennalyt
>anywhere.

Well, you are missing the two primary sources you should have consulted --
Wright and Wilkinson's magnificent LENS COLLECTOR'S VADE MECUM and
<ah-HEM!> Marc James Small, NON-LEITZ LEICA THREAD-MOUNT LENSES:  A 39mm
DIVERSITY.  Either one would have steered you toward the straight skinny on
the fine products of Enna-Werk Munchen.

"Telyt" and "Tele-Ennalyt" have nothing in common.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!