Subject: [Leica] Re: Bio
From: "Thomas Brabant" <tbrab@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 19:58:06 -0500

I'm convinced.   But didn't really need to be.   If you had not been about
the most succinct and apparently knowledgeable contributor to the LUG,  I
would not have  e-mailed you.   And it looks as if you have backed up your
knowledge with performance.

My wife and I have made many trips out west during the years,  and
unfortunately we have missed Portland.  We did fly to Seattle,  had intended
to drive south through Portland, down into southern Oregon,  and make our
loop back up the coast,  through Victoria,  and back to Seattle.
Unfortunately,  we ran into horrible traffic and weather problems on I-5 (I
think) and cut over to the coast.   We went down the coast of Wash and
Oregon and back.   Got some great pictures.  (Who couldn't?)   Terrific
coast.   Have told everybody that, although different,  it beats the Big Sur
coast of Cal.   It was on that trip that I wish I had not forsaken  black
and white for Cibachrome.    Oh I wish I had had a bunch of rolls of old
Panotomic X.   Then I could have come home, somehow found some Acufine(sp),
and made some great 16-20's of that coast and also in Seattle at the fish
market.     I think they would have been better than the Cibas that  I made.

The Portland paper landed a sports writer who moved from Lexington last
year.   He's kind of far out sometime,  but was, and I'm sure still is,
good.    His name is Chuck Culpepper.   I miss him.  Brought a little levity
to sports--as if it is not a life and death thing.   (Don't mention the car
crash victim.)

Thanks a bunch for your replies.   And good luck in your endeavors!    And
keep up your good comments to LUG!

Tom