Subject: Re: [Leica] Bokeh - today and tomorrow!
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 17:25:37 -0500

Douglas Cooper wrote:

> On 2/25/01 3:01 AM, Leica Users digest expressed the following:
>
> > I have the Nikkor f/1.4 fifty From the Fifties.  It may very well have
> > Nissan bokeh (a.k.a. Dead Drunk Bokeh).  I bought it years ago to replace a
> > Leitz Summitar f/2, which had very smooth, pleasant BMW bokeh at f/2 even
> > in the *in*-focus areas.  Since I buy fast lenses in order to actually
> > *use* them wide open, and since the Nikkor gave me a usable f/1.4, I was
> > pretty happy with it.
> >
> > Now that I have been Initiated and have Obtained Enlightenment at the feet
> > of the Zen Bokeh-San master, I realize that I should be ashamed of this
> > lens.

What you should be ashamed of is buying a lense because you are going to
USE it! What kind of patent nonsense is that? Don't you know you are
supposed to buy lenses to admire them, to "collect" them, to compare and
contrast them, to study their BOW KA. Use? Use? Have you lost your
mind?;-)

Replies: Reply from "Julian Thomas" <julianthomas@terra.es> (Re: [Leica] Bokeh - today and tomorrow!)