Subject: RE: [Leica] Lense testing...
From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 16:33:55 -0500

> Is it that important to "qualify" the difference, especially since in your
> opinion there is no difference?  How important is it that other
> people agree
> with you?

I don't care if anyone agrees with me (since when has that been an issue
;-), so it is of no importance.  It is important to me to scientifically
qualify the difference, or I wouldn't be doing it.

> If scientific evidence alone was sufficient to change people's minds
> Galileo (sp?) wouldn't have faced the inquisition. :-).

I would say the issue, for some, boils down to emotional, as you are
pointing out.  When you 'tamper' with someone's belief system, which this
issue (among many) apparently does to some, unfortunately, all reason seems
to leave them.

As Spock says..."fascinating"...