Subject: Re: [Leica] Bokeh - today only!
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 14:11:53 -0500

goldframe wrote:

> Lets see if this works??
>
> This thread is subject to “Sundown Ordinance” – only to be continued till
> Sundown!
>
> Does anyone have a visual example of a shot done with a bokeh loaded Leica
> lens and an identical shot with the another camera using same camera and
> lens settings from a lens without apparent bokeh??
>
> A side-by-side example for illustration.
>
> Thanks - gold
>
> NO RIDICULE

NO RIDICULE?!??!?!!! NO RIDICULE??!?!?!?! Don't give me no steeeeenkin'
NO RIDICULE!?!?@!?!...

As BOW KA is simply the Japanese term for the appearance of the
out-of-focus portion of an image, there is no lens without BOW KA! Some
lenses have what, to some observers, is more pleasing BOW KA than other
lenses. Some for instance, and I believe the  NYE KON 50 1.4 is a prime
example of this, have what might be termed DDB - Dead Drunk BOW KAH - in
which one sees double images in the out of focus areas. Some lenses, on
the other hand, produce delightful smears in the out of focus areas.
While others still produce - ohmigod! - out of focus images in the out
of focus area.

However, when all is said and done, what counts is what is in the IN
FOCUS area...;-)

B. D.
(heading back to his room)

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Bokeh - today only!)