Subject: [Leica] Point Bonita Lighthouse Full Moon Walk
From: "Ken Iisaka" <ken@iisaka.org>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 00:51:46 -0800

BALUGs,

The next Sunset/Full-Moon walk at the Point Bonita Lighthouse in the Marin
Headlands that falls on a Saturday is April 7.

Point Bonita Lighthouse is a lighthouse located at the entrance to the San
Francisco Bay.  Precariously perched atop a steep cliff, at the
south-western tip of Marin County, just north of San Francisco, in the
Golden Gate National Recreation Area.  It is in a dramatic setting, some 140
ft above the high waves, and the lighthouse and its environs are full of
photographic opportunities.

The walk on April 7 starts at 6:30 pm and ends at 8:30 pm.  Both the
moonrise and sunset are at about 7:40 pm,  so you will be busy around then.
The half-mile walk to the lighthouse takes about 15 minutes, and you should
have plenty of time to set up whatever gear you may have.  I will be armed
with a Noctilux, with the camera loaded with Provia F or Velvia film.  Note
that this event is very popular among amateur photographers in the area.

To reserve your place, you will have to call National Park Service at 415
331 1540.  I don't know exactly when they start accepting reservations, but
it is typically two weeks before the event date.

I realise that the date coincides with the next Photo Fair and I assume many
of us will be there.  I could organise an early supper/gathering in
Sausalito at 4 pm or so, before heading out.  An alternate activity during
the day is to explore the area, with abandoned military installations and
the well-known Hawk Hill, aka Hill 129 where Telyts have been seen in use.

http://www.nps.gov/goga/mahe/pobo/
http://www.cr.nps.gov/history/maritime/park/ptbonita.htm
http://www.nps.gov/goga/parknews/index.htm

Ken Iisaka <first name at last name dot org>
Still lost in Mill Valley, Marin County, CA.

Replies: Reply from "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com> (Re: [Leica] Point Bonita Lighthouse Full Moon Walk)